Monday, May 6, 2013

The Hunger Games


Theme

 “I volunteer!” I gasp. “I volunteer as tribute!”


This sentence is when katniss take her sister prime place in the competition.  This sentence is very important because when she said that, she was in the game. When she did that for she`s sister, it show us how much she love her sister and how brave she is.

Setting

“Katniss! Katniss! I can hear my name being from all sides.”

This sentence is when Katniss and Peeta came out to the city street and they came with a clothes of fire. They came with clothes of fire because it is very much people as look at they. They must stand out from they other districts because they can get sponsor.  This Sentence show you how big this games are for the capitol occupier.


Plot

"The capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV."

This paragraph is taken from the backside in the book. it show how hard and cruel the competition is.


Character development

 “ the sound of the trumpets startles me. I am on my feet and the mouth of the cave in a flash, not wanting to miss a syllable. It is my new best friend, Claudius Templesmith, and as I expected, he is inviting us to a feast. Well we’re not that hungry and I actually wave his offer away in indifference when he says, now hold on. Some of you may already be declining my invitation. But this is no ordinary feast. Each of you need something desperately. Some to heal Peeta`s leg.”

  
Katniss show us not a new side of she, but she show, very brave side, braver than she take her sister place. Because she know mostly all of the tributes as still of live will come. It will be a carnage.   


My opinion of the book: 


I saw the Hunger Games on movie before I read the book.  I liked the movie good, but after I read the book, I like the book better, because the book gives you more information than the film. I do not understand some things in the film, but I understand that better when I read the book.  I like the book very so maybe I shall read them two other books too. 


1 comment:

  1. I think that is a very good idea to read all three books. I know others in the class have done that! The book is always better than the movie.

    ReplyDelete